Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mulling over Middle Eastern Possibilities

Yay for 2 posts in 1 week - it's been awhile since I've been this good about blogging :) I'm almost at the end of Cultural Affairs training but lately my mind has been buzzing with what my 2nd tour possibilities look like. I'm glad I took the requirement to use my Arabic, that was the whole purpose of being masochistic and learning Arabic in the first place. I have a few PD jobs that I'm considering, which is great. I totally want to build off of my 1 year in PD in London and build my experience in-cone. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but for PD-coned officers, it's actually quite difficult to get PD jobs in entry and mid-level. For FSOs who are reading this, if you or someone you know works in PD in a Middle Eastern post, please hit me up ASAP! I have a week to rank the list and I'm trying to figure out what's good (both personally and professionally).

Meanwhile, I have a current bet that Dallas will win the NBA finals this year so stay posted :) In my heart I want Chicago to win but it's not looking so good. As long as we adhere to ABM - Anyone but Miami!!!

2 comments:

  1. ABM for sure.

    I signed up for the test, but missed scheduling for June. Will take in October. Now, to start improving my Arabic whilst living in Korea, because it seems they do that phone exam shortly after if one passes the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that's great! Yea if you pass FSOT, you'll have a month or so until the phone test. Good luck with prepping!

    ReplyDelete