Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Very Busy Weekend

So it finally happened, we got our internet and HHE (our stuff) in one week!! It is common knowledge here among expats that the UK has really bad customer service. We had been waiting for weeks for our internet and 2 days before the engineer is scheduled to come, the cable company texts me to tell me that the engineer doesn't need to come and they'll just switch on our service on the scheduled day. WTF! We get internet and then accordingly VPN, which allows us to have our American IP address and in turn watch Netflix and listen to Pandora :D 2 days after that, we got our HHE/stuff. For those who don't remember, we made a huge Costco run before packout back in the US so we could stock up on our American products for cheap. What a great decision, everything here is super expensive. Halfway through the day, my boss tells me that we're entitled to 2 days whenever we have to unpack/pack our stuff. Good to know!! So I went home early and helped the hubby organize our boxes upon boxes of food, condiments, DVDs, books and other knickknacks. 10 hours later, the apartment looked better and I was utterly exhausted!

To top off those 2 great developments, one of my work colleagues was nice enough to take us to the American base to go shopping. It's ~1.5 hours outside of London and woah, was it worth it! I had to stop myself from uttering out loud how much I felt like we were back in America. We finally got turkey bacon and ground turkey - yay!! I'm looking forward to not eating out for awhile, it's not only unhealthy but also bad on our wallets.

We're off to Spain for our belated honeymoon in a few days so I'll update again after we get back. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment